When automatic enrolment was launched a number of existing pension schemes had to look at their offering, and many new schemes were born. This product launch from a niche provider took a master trust proposition to the whole market. It was a full year before the earliest employers were due to meet automatic enrolment duties, but a new product from a small existing provider needed to make a mark.
- We organised a launch event at the British Museum - guests needed to be invited, event collateral and giveaways needed to be created.
- There were three key audiences that needed to be considered: members, employers and advisers.
- Post launch, ongoing marketing communications must be considered.
- From web copy through to member animations and adviser guides, the content creation task was immense.
- The overriding principle for all of the communications was simplicity. This product was for the masses not just the financially elite.
- A collateral register could not be overlooked as it was vital all content could be tracked and updated regularly following launch.
- We had just under 8 weeks from booking the launch event to ensure we had all materials prepared. To hit the deadline we had to manage multiple suppliers and work in complete unison to maintain a single tone of voice and consistent messaging.
- The ongoing activity post event was as important as the launch - so not losing focus on the long term was critical.
- Identify audiences and key materials needed for launch and post launch.
- Create all materials, brief and manage design and print agencies, ensure all materials were compliance approved.
- Launch event was huge success.
- Recognised for market leading member communications.
- Alignment between business development and marketing ensured rapid and sustained growth.